Our camps will be separated into two groups, children (5-10) and youth (10-14). For our younger attendees (5-10), our programs will include:
- Outdoor games
- Free play
- Story time
Throughout the weeks, there will be a fun lunch, special field trip and other activities specific to that week’s theme.
Themed weeks include:
- “Outdoor Adventure,” themed around camping, learning life-long skills within nature and appreciating our environment!
- “60’s Throwback,” themed around all natural arts and crafts such as macrame, tie-dye, painting and weaving, mindfulness yoga workshops and keeping it groovy!
- “Summer Fun,” themed around staying active with a variety of sports including swimming and beach volleyball, keeping our minds active by engaging with puzzles, board games and crafts, along with morning yoga!
- “Princess Power,” themed around engaging our girls with the empowerment, wellness workshops featuring yoga, STEM activities geared towards girls, confidence building and tea parties!
Children will need to pack:
- Sunscreen Lotion and bug repellent, labelled with their names
- Lunch and snacks (nut free)
- Water bottle
- Swimsuit and towel (for water play)
- Back Pack
- Extra change of clothes
- Appropriate Footwear for outdoor play
Daily activities begin at 9:00am and will end at 4:00pm. Each week will include complimentary before and after care, from an hour before (7:30am-9:00am) and an hour after (4:00am-5:30pm) for all registered participants.
Children must be five years old as of December 31st, 2022 to register. Children must be fully potty trained and able to use the washroom independently.
For our older attendees (10-14), we want to develop skills in sports such as basketball and volleyball, solving puzzles and challenges in applied science, and to encourage all participants to keep their minds active during the school break.
Week-long programs for this age are scheduled to run 10:00am-3:00pm, we will also have a drop-in program (if they are unsure they want to register for the whole week) where kids can participate in self-led activities such as crafts or outdoor games. For a small fee, kids can register to engage in two-hour time slots and take out materials or equipment from the Camp Coordinator.
Registration will end soon, be sure to register at this link: https://scenicacres.getcommunal.com/parent_programs/123
Day Camp Cancellation Policy:
If you withdraw six days or more prior to camp start date a cancellation can be processed minus a $50.00 +gst withdrawal fee. For less than 6 days prior to camp start date a cancellation cannot be processed. We would be happy to find a week that works or issue a credit for you to use in any of our other programs. Our day camps will operate under the current guidelines set out by Alberta Government.
If there is a Covid-19 outbreak while your child is attending camp, that requires a camp to quarantine no refund will be issued. If a camp is full please place your child on a wait-list and you will be contacted if a space becomes available.