Registration for SACA’s 2021 Winter Programs is ongoing! Classes will be offered via Zoom as an interim measure, until in-person classes are once again possible.
Interested in only attending Zoom Classes? Interested in only attending In-Person Classes? Email email@example.com to let us know so we can do our best to accommodate your preferences. Pro-Rated Registrations, 5 Class Passes and Drop-Ins will only be sold as of January 11, 2021 where space permits/logistics are favourable. A valid SACA membership will be required.
PLEASE NOTE once permissible in-person classes will be modified to accommodate physical distancing and other safety precautions: We recommend you view our proposed Relaunch Plan so you are aware of the new requirements and procedures which will be in place to enter the Scenic Acres Community Centre, when we are permitted to re-open.
Registered INDOOR Exercise Classes **NEW TIMES for 2021**To learn more please click on the class name and then select class description prior to registering.
* MON AM: Core Conditioning 9:30 to 10:30am with Rahmi Online WAIVER
* MON AM: Zumba Gold 10:45 to 11:45am with Rahmi Online WAIVER
MON PM: Yoga – Strengthen & Tone 1:15 to 2:45pm with Nicole Online WAIVER
MON EVE: Bliss Yoga 7:30 to 9:00pm with Holly Online WAIVER
* TUES AM: Morning Yoga 9:30 to 10:30am with Rahmi Online WAIVER
TUES AM: Dancing 10:45 to 11:45am with Reba J Online WAIVER
* TUES EVE: Evening Zumba 7:30 to 8:30pm with Siiri Online WAIVER
WED EVE: Evening Yoga 7:30 to 8:45pm with Holly Online WAIVER
** THURS AM: Yoga Foundations 9:30 to 11:00am with Nicole Online WAIVER
* Hybrid class offered by zoom and in-person, once in-person is permitted
** This class will only be offered once in-person classes resume.
OUTDOOR Exercise Classes – Would you be interested in participating in any of the following?
Nordic Pole Walking! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest
Snowshoeing! Please email email@example.com to express interest
The following low cost Clubs and Groups will also be offered. * * Please note the schedule is currently tentative and may be subject to change * *
- Quilting Group: TBD – FREE Pre-Registration will be Required $5 donation welcomed. All attendees must all sign this WAIVER
- Book Club: First Tuesday of the month 1 to 3pm in the Main Hall – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed. All attendees must all sign this WAIVER
- Single Ladies Get Together: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 10:00am to Noon in the Boardroom – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed. All attendees must all sign this WAIVER
- Artist Gathering: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 1:00 to 3:00pm in the Main Hall – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed. All attendees must all sign this WAIVER *please note as of December the group will meet in the Main Hall
- Walking Club on Wednesdays: departing from SACA FREE! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the Walking Club’s distribution list.
- Ladies Social Coffee Craft Club at SACA: Fridays 9am to Noon in the Main Hall – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed. All attendees must all sign this WAIVER
To register for an indoor fall/winter sport with one of SACA’s Affiliates please FIRST ensure your membership is up to date for 2020/21 and then visit their website to register.
NorthWest Warrios (Crowchild) Hockey (www.nwwarriorshockey.com)
Crowchild Skating Club (www.crowchildskatingclub.ca)
North West Calgary Ringette (www.nwringette.com)
Calgary West Soccer Club (Indoor Soccer): (www.calgarywestsoccer.com)
The following organizations are also hoping to offer programs at the Scenic Acres Community Centre. Please contact these organizations directly for program and registration information.
Girl Guides (www.scenicacresca.ca/programs/girl-guides): For anyone 5 years old or older. Days/Location vary by age, however, SACA hosts Brownies on Monday evenings and Sparks are on Tuesday evenings.
Scouts (email@example.com): For anyone 5 years old or older. Days/Location vary by age, however, SACA hosts Beavers on Wednesday evenings.
Sportball (www.sportball.ca): Introductory Sports Programs on Wednesday late afternoon/early evening for ages 2 to 5 yrs.
Fencing Calgary (www.fencingcalgary.com): Community Fencing Programs on Thursday evenings 5:00 to 6:00 and 6:00 to 7:00pm.
Kinder Studios (kinderstudios.ca): Dance Classes and Micro-school Education Programs
For additional information or if you have a program idea which you would love to see offered at SACA please contact the SACA office firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-547-9589.
Last updated January 7, 2021