We are currently working on our re-opening plans! We’re hoping to open Registration for our Fall Programs on August 15! Remember to renew your SACA membership BEFORE registering for any of the programs below (click HERE to renew now). PLEASE NOTE some classes have be modified to accommodate physical distancing and other safety precautions. To learn more please click on the class name and then select class description prior to registering. You may also register by visiting or calling the SACA Office at 403.547.9589 during regular office hours which as of August 1 will be Mondays and Fridays 9am to 1pm.
Registered Exercise Classes
* * Please note our class schedule below is tentative at this time * *
Passes and drop-ins will only be offered as of September 8 where space permits. Due to Covid, anyone wishing to attend a class with a pass or by drop-in will be required to pre-register in advance of each and all classes.
MON AM: Core Conditioning 9:00 to 10:00am with Wanita
MON AM: Zumba Gold 10:30 to 11:30am with Rahmi
MON PM: Yoga – Strengthen & Tone 1:15 to 2:45pm with Nicole
MON EVE: Bliss Yoga 7:45 to 9:15pm with Holly
TUES AM: Morning Yoga 9:00 to 10:00am with Wanita
TUE AM: Dancing 10:30 to 11:30am with Reba J
TUES EVE: Evening Zumba 7:45 to 8:45pm with Siiri
WED EVE: Evening Yoga 7:45 to 9:00pm with Holly
THURS AM: Yoga Foundations 9:00 to 10:30am with Nicole
THURS AM: Qigong 11:00 to Noon with Yvette
The following low cost Clubs and Groups are also offered:
- Quilting Group: 3rd Monday 9am to 3pm – FREE Pre-Registration will be Required $5 donation welcomed
- BYO Coffee & Conversation: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays 10:30am to Noon – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed
- Book Club: First or Third Tuesday of the month 1 to 3pm – FREE Registration pre-Required $2 donation welcomed
- Single Ladies Get Together: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 10:30am to Noon – FREE pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed
- Walking Club at Wednesdays: departing from SACA at 9:15am sharp. FREE! Please email email@example.com to be added to the Walking Club’s distribution list.
- Fun & Conversation: Wednesdays: 1:00 to 3:00pm in the Boardroom – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed
- Mah Jong Conversation Group: Thursdays 1:00 to 3:00pm – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed
- Artist Gathering: 2nd & 4th Thursdays 1:00 to 3:00pm in the Boardroo, – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed
- Ladies Social Coffee Craft Club at SACA: Fridays 9am to Noon in the Main Hall – FREE Pre-Registration Required $2 donation welcomed
To register for an indoor fall/winter sport with one of SACA’s Affiliates please FIRST ensure your membership is up to date for 2020/21 and then visit their website to register.
NorthWest Warrios (Crowchild) Hockey (www.nwwarriorshockey.com)
Crowchild Skating Club (www.crowchildskatingclub.ca)
North West Calgary Ringette (www.nwringette.com)
Calgary West Soccer Club (Indoor Soccer): (www.calgarywestsoccer.com)
The following organizations are also hoping to offer programs at the Scenic Acres Community Centre. Please contact these organizations directly for program and registration information.
Girl Guides (www.scenicacresca.ca/programs/girl-guides): For anyone 5 years old or older. Days/Location vary by age, however, SACA hosts Brownies on Monday evenings and Sparks are on Tuesday evenings.
Scouts (firstname.lastname@example.org): For anyone 5 years old or older. Days/Location vary by age, however, SACA hosts Beavers on Wednesday evenings.
Qigong with Yvette (www.qigongwisdom.ca) Qigong Practice Class Thursdays 11:00am to noon
ChildSafe Canada (www.childsafecanada.com): Regular Saturday Workshops for children covering a wide variety of safety oriented topics for children including the Babysitting Course in the Main Hall.
Music Pups (0 to 4 yrs) (www.musicandplay.ca): Music Classes on Wednesday mornings at 9:15am respectively in the SACA Boardroom.
Sportball (www.sportball.ca): Introductory Sports Programs for 2 to 5 yrs. Thursdays 4pm & 5pm/Fridays 9:15am & 10am in the SACA Main Hall.
For additional information or if you have a program idea which you would love to see offered at SACA please contact the SACA office email@example.com or 403-547-9589.
Last updated July 30, 2020