SACA’s offers a wide variety of registered and drop in programs. The following programs are geared towards those 55+.
- Ladies Social Coffee Craft Club at SACA: Mondays 9am to Noon (2nd Monday 9am to 3pm bring a lunch) Drop–ins welcome $2 half day $5 full day
- Zumba Gold at SACA: Mondays 10:30 to 11:30am Drop-ins welcome $12
- Single Ladies Get Together: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays 10:30am to Noon Drop-ins welcome $2
- Beginner Dancing: Tuesdays 10:30 to 11:30am Drop-ins welcome $12
- Intermediate Dancing: Tuesdays 11:35am to 12:35pm Drop-ins welcome $12
- Book Club: First Tuesday of the month 1 to 3pm Drop-ins welcome $2
- Walking Club at Wednesdays: departing from SACA at 9:15am sharp. FREE!
- Fun & Games at Wednesdays: 12:45 to 3:45pm – Drop-ins welcome FREE!
- Yoga Basics Thursdays: 9:15 to 10:45am Drop-ins welcome $18
- Qigong Thursdays: 9:30 to 10:30am Drop-ins welcome $10
- Mah Jong: Thursdays 12:15 to 3:00pm Registration Required $2
- Laugh & Learn at SACA: 1st Thursday Oct. 5 “Healthy Aging” 1:00 to 2:00pm – FREE!
- Artist Gathering: 2nd & 4th Thursdays 1:00 to 3:00pm Drop-ins welcome $2
- Qigong Thursdays: 7:00 to 8:00pm Drop-ins welcome $10
- Zumba Gold Fridays: 9:15 to 10:15am Drop-ins welcome $12
- Quilting Group: 3rd Friday Oct 20 9am to 3pm Drop-ins welcome $5
SACA is an active member of TRIPLE A: The Alliance For Active Aging. As a member of this collaborative group of 6 community associations, all SACA Members 55+ are eligible to participate in activities at all 6 community associations. These are Silver Springs, Varsity, Dalhousie, Edgemont and Montgomery CA’s. Activities range from Pickle Ball, Cards, Fitness, Newcomers, Tai Chi, Yoga and Socials. For a full listing please visit www.allianceactiveaging.ca.
CALGARY SENIOR MEN’S SOFTBALL 55 +. Looking for men 55+ to join our league. No experience necessary. We have three divisions and can accommodate all skill levels. At the end of April new players are evaluated and teams are drafted. The league plays at Triwood and Senator Patrick Burns, one division plays in the day time, the other two play in the evening. The cost for 30 games plus playoffs is $145 to the end of March. The cost will be $165 in April. To register or for more information go to our website www.grandslamslopitch.com, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
SACA is always looking for new and exciting programs and activities. If you have an idea for a program or activity please contact the SACA Office at email@example.com or call 403-547-9589.
Last updated September 8, 2017