Scenic Acres Community Centre: OPERATING PROCEDURES
The Scenic Acres Community Association (SACA) who owns and operates the Scenic Acres Community Center (SACC) is committed to following and adhering to all Public Health Orders, Restrictions, Advice and Actions. As such as we are implementing the Province of Alberta’s Restrictions Exemption Program (REP) as outlined HERE.
As part of SACA’s plans to safely operate the Scenic Acres Community Center (SACC), the measures below must also be followed to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 among our staff, instructors, volunteers, participants, renters and guests.
These measures have been developed using Alberta’s Workplace Guidance for Business Owners, which provides general guidance applicable to all sectors; as well as applicable sector-specific guidelines provided by Alberta Health on their Alberta Biz Connect webpage.
IMPORTANT: Anyone not following our new procedures or exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 will be asked to leave the facility.
|Prior to Entry|
|* All attendees (staff, instructors, participants and/or volunteers) will be reminded of the symptoms of Covid-19 prior to entry and asked not to enter the facility if they are experiencing any of the symptoms, have been in close contact with anyone experiencing any symptoms or recently traveled outside the country.|
* Alberta Health/City of Calgary authorized posters listing the symptoms of covid-19 as well as other pertinent public health information will be prominently displayed on the exterior of our building and within to remind all visitors of our expectations.
* All those entering will be asked to apply the provided hand sanitizer available at the entrance.
* This information will be shared with all participants registered in all SACA Activities prior to the start of their program. All attendees to any SACA program or club will be required to pre-register (on-line or by calling/emailing the SACA office). This will enable SACA to manage our room capacities and ensure all those entering the SACC are aware of all safety protocols and procedures.
* All attendees at the SACC, over the age of 12, will be required to show proof of eligibility under the REP through showing proof of ID along with one of the following: proof of vaccination, or proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service, or documentation of a medical exemption.
|Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)|
|* All patrons MUST use the hand sanitizer provided, PRIOR to entering our facility.|
* In accordance with both the Provincial Mask Mandate the City of Calgary Face Coverings Bylaw, all patrons must wear a mask while entering the Scenic Acres Community Centre. Once inside registrants in the majority of our programs or those attending a private event, providing physical distancing is maintained at all times, will be permitted to remove their face covering.
|Supplemental Cleaning Measures|
|SACA Staff Members and/or Designates, will perform the following increased cleaning measures regularly throughout the day as well as before and after each activity or program hosted inside the center: |
* Sanitizing common touch points such as doors plates and handles.
* Sanitizing countertops, toilet seats, flushing mechanisms, door handles and faucets in each washroom.
* Sanitizing of the Main Hall Floor between activities.
* Sanitizing all tables and chairs used, between activities.
|To ensure physical distancing the maximum room capacities for all areas of the Community Centre, have been adjusted to provide sufficient space for physical distancing:|
* The Main Entrance Foyer max. capacity is 1 person/family cohort. All those wishing to enter the facility are asked to wait outside the front door, for the foyer to be vacated prior to entering. Class participants are asked to remove their shoes and proceed to the Main Hall.
* The Main Hall max. capacity is 11 people for most exercise classes, aside from Zumba which has a max class size of 8. Observers are not permitted.
* The SACA Office max. capacity is 3 people. 2 staff members and 1 guest (or family cohort) who must remain on the carpeted area at the front of the office. Guests should only enter the SACA office in person, for services which cannot be provided over the phone. All guests call the office ahead of their visit: 403.547.9589.
* The Main Hall Cloakroom max. capacity is 1 person.The Kitchen max. capacity is 1 person.
* The Storage Area max capacity is 3 people.
* Each Washroom max. capacity is 3 people: 1 person per cubical and 1 person at the sink.
* The maximum capacity of the Foyer between the Washrooms, the Boardroom and the Main Hall is 0 persons. All those wishing to use the washrooms must wait in the Main Hall or and/or Boardroom for capacity space to become available. As an individual exits the washroom foyer they may enter and proceed directly to the next available cubical.
* To aid with appropriate physical distancing during exercise classes instructors will space participants so they have at least a 2 meter bubble within which to exercise.
|* SACA asks for ALL those who enter our facility to share the responsibility for limiting the spread of Covid-19 by following all procedures and guidelines outlined above.|
* SACA Staff Members, Instructors, Lead Volunteers and Lead Renters will be responsible for ensuring all those within the facility follow the procedures and guidelines for limiting the spread of Covid-19.
* Anyone found not to be in compliance with the above guidelines and protocols will be reminded of the correct procedures, and if non-compliance is observed and/or the nature of the non-compliance is deemed to be putting the safety of others as risk, will be asked to leave the premises immediately.