Mimoasa and Mammos: Understanding your Breast Health!
When: Wednesday, May 9
Time: 7 to 9 pm SACA Boardroom
For: Women aged 40 to 69 (this is just a suggestion)
FREE to SACA Members!!!
All of us ladies have them, but maybe we don’t spend enough time thinking about them. Any guess what we’re talking about? Ah yes, breasts. There we said it. A scary reality for many women, breast cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer in Canadian women. But, as scary as this disease is, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Since its peak in 1987 breast cancer deaths have decreased by 44 percent due to early detection through regular mammography screening, advances in technology, and improved treatments.
To help raise awareness about the importance of early detection and understanding your breast health, please join us for a mimosa with Mayfair Diagnostics the evening of Thursday, May 9 as we talk breast health.
Topics covered will include:
• The difference between a breast screening and diagnostic imaging exam
• When you should start breast screening
• How often you should go for a breast imaging exam
• Understanding breast density and the important role it plays in breast imaging
• The different breast imaging technologies available and their benefits
• What happens after your exam
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-547-9589
If you have an idea of a Laugh & Learn Topic please drop let the SACA Office know email@example.com or 403.547.9589.
Last updated April 29, 2018