For many years SACA has advocated for our community and worked with the City to create parking restriction zones to balance on street parking options for community residents and those visiting our community while improving overall safety.
In consultation with residents many high traffic areas in Scenic Acres have parking restrictions which either limit parking to residents with permits or have time limits such as 2hr and 3hr parking zones.
The Standing Policy Committee on Transportation and Transit, in a split decision, has voted to send its recommendation to start charging for residential parking permits to Council. A vote will be held on November 2, 2020, which if approved would see these new fees coming into effect in 2022. If you have any comments, please contact Councillor Ward Sutherland by using this link: www.calgary.ca/citycouncil/ward-1/contact-ward-1.html
- Additional information can be found at:
- Residential Parking Program Review: https://engage.calgary.ca/RPP
- Calgary Parking Zone Interactive Map: https://maps.calgary.ca/CalgaryParking
- Calgary Parking Authority: Residential Parking Permits: https://www.calgaryparking.com/web/guest/parkingpermits
- Calgary Parking Authority Permit Request Page: https://permits.calgaryparking.com
Last updated October 28, 2020