Looking for credible sources of information and support during the Covid-19 Crisis? Need help? Wondering how you can help? Please scroll down for more information, resources and community based initiatives to help us through these challenging times.
If you are self-isolating and need help, please contact the SACA Office at email@example.com or 403-547-9589
To offer help to those who may be self-isolating: You can print and complete the postcard below (click here to download PDF version). You can also contact the SACA Office to let us know you are willing to help, so we can pair you with anyone in your area requesting help.
Here is a list of official sources of information:
- Government of Alberta: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
- Covid-19 Self Assessment Tool: https://myhealth.alberta.ca/Journey/COVID-19/Pages/COVID-Self-Assessment.aspx
- City of Calgary: https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/cema/Pages/Response-to-Coronavirus.aspx?redirect=/covid19
- Government of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
Need advice? Alberta 211 can help: https://www.ab.211.ca/
Not sure who to ask for help? Carya has supports. If you are struggling to figure out how to access the resources you need, or you just need someone to talk to, please contact us at 403.269.9888 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Older adults can access resources and support by calling 403-SENIORS (403.736.4677).
Looking for work? Visit our Who Is Hiring? page to learn about local work opportunities.
Lost your job? Wondering what support there is for low income earners? Momentum Calgary can help: https://momentum.org/financial-supports-for-people-impacted-by-covid-19
Struggling to feed yourself/your family? Meals on Wheels https://www.mealsonwheels.com/weekends-and-more-program
Brown Bagging For Calgary’s Kids https://bb4ck.org
Calgary Food Bank https://www.calgaryfoodbank.com
* If you’re self-isolating and need help to pick up food donations please contact SACA to be partnered with a pair of volunteer Helping Hands email@example.com
At home activities (for all ages): https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/Pages/At-Home-Activities/At-home-activities.aspx?redirect=/athome
Resources for Homeowners: Click here to see a list of resources compiled by SACA
Resources for Parents: Click here to see a variety of resources compiled by SACA
Last updated May 24, 2020